Funded Research Projects
More details to follow.
College of Engineering, Swansea University
Prof Perumal Nithiarasu
- Patient specific modelling network, funded by EPSRC, £101 918, 2009 - 2013.
- Haemostasis biomedical research unit (HBRU), led by Prof P.A. Evans (ABMU Health Board), funded by NISCHR, £1.5M, 2011.
- Applicability of blood flow network models, funded by Leverhulme Trust UK, £76,000, 2010 - 2011.
- Feasibility account - blood flow, principal investigator Prof Huw Summers (Swansea University), funded by EPSRC, £202 433, 2009 - 2011.
College of Science, Department of Computer Science, Swansea University
Dr. Xianghua Xie
- Biomedical Research Unit: Advanced Medical Image Analysis and Visualisation, Collaborator, led by Prof. John (Bangor University), funded by NISCHR, £275K to Swansea (£1.2M in total), 2011 - 2014.
- Non-Invasive Quantification of Complex Heart Valve Lesions: A model-based approach using 3D echocardiography, Co-investigator, led by Dr. van Loon (Swansea University), funded by NISCHR, £58K, 2011 - 2014.
- NISCHR Registered Research Group: Medical Image Analysis and Visualisation, Co-investigator, led by Prof. Zwiggelaar (Aber University), funded by NISCHR, £95K, 2010 - 2013.
- Wales Research Institute on Visual Computing (RIVIC), 3D Vision and Medical Image Analysis. RIVIC attracts £5M funding from WAG, 2009-2013.
- Patient Specific Multi-view Coronary Geometry and Computational Disease Modelling, Principal investigator, funded by WORD, £144K, 2010 - 2012.